By joining the Prentiss County Development Association (PCDA), you and your business or organization can help keep our county moving forward. PCDA provides opportunities to work effectively with others in making Prentiss County an even better place to live and conduct business.
WHAT PCDA DOES
The primary responsibility of PCDA is to recruit new businesses and industries and to support existing enterprises in their efforts to thrive and expand.
In doing so, PCDA helps ensure the success and economic growth of the entire county, continually improving employment opportunities and the local business climate. Think of your PCDA membership as an investment in the future of Prentiss County.
Here are some ways PCDA is working to benefit Prentiss County and its residents:
- We serve as a central source of information and contact point for state, regional, and private site selectors seeking locations for new or expanded facilities. In essence, we are the leading sales force for Prentiss County;
- We play a central role in the Council of Governments, which brings together representatives of county government and our four communities to explore ways we can work together more effectively;
- We participate in the TAP Alliance, formed to coordinate the economic development of Tishomingo, Alcorn, and Prentiss counties;
- We support the College Tuition Guarantee program, which helps make college affordable for any resident completing high school in Prentiss County.
BENEFITS OF JOINING PCDA
By joining PDCA you become eligible for these products and services:
- Quarterly newsletter
- Free notary service
- Assistance in interactions with elected officials at the local and state levels
- PCDA-sponsored seminars and workshops
- Convenient access to data about the labor market, county demographics, commuting patterns, and other county characteristics
- A link to your website, providing greater Internet exposure for your business.
MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS AND COSTS
PCDA membership is open to any individual, organization, business, or industry that believes in the power of working together for the benefit of Prentiss County communities and residents.
Dues start at $50 annually for individuals and $175 for businesses and organizations, with progressively higher rates for larger operations based on the total number of employees.
Members receive a wooden plaque in the shape of Prentiss County. The plaque includes a space to insert your annual renewal card verifying membership.
PCDA ANNUAL EVENTS
- Industry Appreciation Dinner — This annual event is held to recognize and honor existing Prentiss County industries.
- Annual Banquet — Open to all members, the banquet provides an opportunity to recognize Prentiss County residents who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to economic development.